Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I have a coworker

This coworker does interesting things. Yes, that coworker. Let's call here Eve.

Eve: I don't get how people here can be so unprofessional. (Proceeds to yell at client trying to get his meds through a closed door in front of other clients).

Eve: I don't know how people get these med orders so wrong. (Proceeds to screw up the med orders so badly for one client that it takes another staff member all afternoon to sort it out).

Eve: I don't know why it's taking so long for them to hire me.
Fellow coworker Jimmy: ... um... you want some advice? Start getting along better with the people you work with.
Eve: You mean that bitch... (proceeds to list every other staff person and bad mouth them).

Eve presents an interesting situation for me. I will let a lot slide from most people. If someone is having a bad day, if someone tends to be a little gruff. whatever, I can deal with that. Not her. If she is rude to me, directly or indirectly, I tell her to stop. This means I constantly have to be on my guard around her, which is slowly causing me tp hate her. I never hate anyone, but I am really starting to hate her. This is so rare for me it makes me curious. I find myself thinking about her all the time and getting pissed. I haven't felt this since high school.

This is why if she isn't fired in the next week, I'm leaving. To be a little more precise, if she isn't fired in the next week and I get her shift, I'm leaving. Maybe I'll stick with the agency, maybe I won't, but I will not be in that house anymore with someone like that. It would consume me.

End of rant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Classic case.

rjamm said...

Would it trivialize your legitimate issue too much if I commented upon your absorption with this individual and made immature references to romantic attachment?

I hope not.

Dylan and Ee-eve sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

zurvan said...

Huh... the thought is so revolting that I can't form a clear image... my brain just sort of slides over it like those science fiction characters that make themselves invisible by making people ignore them.
Yes, the Dunning-Kruger effect is totally at play here. The Dunning-Kruger effect and Satan.