Tuesday, June 19, 2007

offensiveness

The caption on this ad reads, "Forget about it. Men's preference will never change. Fit Light Yogurt."
Is it offensive?

I thought it was kind of funny. (I also thought that the women were pretty attractive). But then again, I thought this was kind of funny too:
The cover of the card featured a photo of an idyllic, upscale picnic spread: plaid blanket, wicker basket, a bottle of wine and two glasses, a round of bread, a fruit plate. Above the photo, the card read, "Dad, how about a Father's Day picnic?" The punch line inside: "Too queer? Yeah, I thought so too."
(I totally would have gotten it for my dad.)

Which makes me wonder if I am being insensitive. One thing I have been wondering about lately was the Futurama character Zoidberg, which seems wildly anti-Semitic to me. I haven't heard any complaints, though.

No comments: